HOW ARE YOU GENTLEMAN!!

Monday, March 22, 2010

Running a World of Darkness campaign

Books a million, 2:30 pm:

I stand in the book store, perusing the selection of Game based books, when I stumble along a certain book that has interested me since the beginning of time... The Bakugan Video Game Strategy Guide.

A smile crosses my lips, as I bend over to obtain the book.  It's paper-like paper massaging my finger tips, the freshness of the book allows me to run my finger over the cover and make a loud SQUEEEEAAAAK.  I do this for several minutes until Tyler decides he has had enough. With a uppercut, the book soars into the air. I do my best to catch it, but fail.  Disgusted at life in general, I bend over to recover my guide, but stop when my eyes wander to my left.
The bookshelf contains Hunter: The Vigil, a world of darkness game. I have wanted to try this game since about 8 months ago, but did not know where to start. As I pull the tome from the bookshelf Tyler catches sight of my most recent endeavor.

"Its Garbage." he tells me

Taking his almighty opinion to heart, a single tear flows from my eye and dampens my cheek. I replace the book, dejected and depressed.

Dustin, seeing my sadness, puts a comforting hand on my shoulder and explains, "I've tried to play that game before, but no one would play with me. The system is too different from DnD, and because differences are wrong and should be persecuted, you should take that book, and eat it."

Understanding slips to my mind.

They don't want me to buy the book because of the info it contains.  It is all a giant conspiracy, formulated by supernatural creatures of the night. I pick the book up, with the intentions of buying it, when bullets rip through my chest. 

Tyler stand opposite of me, gun in hand. "You should've listened to us. The book is Garbage." His mouth opens into a fearsome smile, proving to me, that I just got vampired.

Moral of the story is, I'm gonna be running a world of darkness campaign, and I don't know if I will have enough time to continue working on End of the Crone. Hopefully I will be able to progress it a bit further in my spare time.

No comments:

Post a Comment