HOW ARE YOU GENTLEMAN!!

Friday, March 12, 2010

Paper Prototyping

The dean said that we should post about paper prototyping, so here we go.

Our prototype is mostly done, and we are doing a pretty good job. Alex missed class again today, so we need to talk to him post haste!

We need to cut out our slimes and prepare our animations... also draw a few backgrounds. I think we should be able to finish this class.

This post is not done...yet. I must answer the question "what will I need for my game idea?"

Well...

Random Number generators... first. We will be doing a primarily wave based game, with the education thrown in the onset of the game. The random numbers will be controlling the enemy spawns and the damage dealing. I also need to learn how to make buttons. I have a feeling most of us will need this.

The ability to shoot projectiles is also a requirement. We need to code the projectiles to shoot when the mouse button is clicked, and also towards a the mouse pointer. We will definantly need to learn about hit detection, but I have a idea about how I would do it. Menus will also be important. I also wonder if variable arrays are possible in flash. Hope so, because they seem important.

Finally, I will need to learn how to implement sound, and music. Something with a beat, trancy, and fun. Keep the player occupied. The sounds have to evoke adorability, cuteness of slimes, but the bigger enemies must have a deaper soundset.

2 comments:

  1. I am here, sorry again

    ok sounds like a good idea using the mouse instead of the keys,I like it

    anyways should the baddies have HP or should we do it how many times the baddie gets hit?

    and i agree with everything your saying

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post with what you will need for your game development. I'll make sure we get all that covered! An ambitious plan, but I have confidence you do a great job!

    ReplyDelete