HOW ARE YOU GENTLEMAN!!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Game Idea

Okay, I need to brainstorm for game ideas.
My friend keeps pushing me to make a wall jumping game, but I'm not sure how far we can go with that. Keeping in mind the games I've tried on the globaloria web page, the game should probably be simple.
So I guess the gist seems simple, but It's impossible to truely tell until we get the chance to start work on it. The wall jumps seem like a good idea, but I fear the coding and design will run much deeper than our experience (or lack therof) will allow. An even better idea may be to make a simple platforming game.
Next, I wonder if a plot will be required. The man is jumping across a chasm, but why? Will combat be necessary? Should there be cinematics, or Character Growth? (When i think Character Growth I mean a level up system) Will we put much emphasis on player skill or will power-leveling your way past all problems be a viable solution?
I wonder if we will learn to make a save/load system for our game. A password system sounds simple enough, and I have a small amount of experience in creating a save/load code in the Warcraft 3 map maker, so perhaps this knowledge will serve me well.

I guess my answer to all of these questions is "I don't know, and I can't wait to try."

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You are off to a really great start!! I look forward to working with you and getting you the resources you need to do the game you hope to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not pushing u to make a wall jumping game sir. I suggested it and I quote "Come up with some more ideas. I don't like having the only idea." :P...I like everything else man :D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just remember we are in this together so if i can help you on or not apart of your team let me know and ill do my best. I think we all have challenges ahead of us with the games. But, we will get through it and make some awesome games.

    ReplyDelete
  4. as LarryT said great start,you should do more exploring and expand your idea

    ReplyDelete